From these moments background

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life update.

So you might be wondering what is going on in our household this month being as my last 2 entries were things that occurred last month. Well the first thing we really had going on was sick. I was sick with strep and then the boys came down with a nasty, nasty cough so that lead to little sleep and very long days and of course a doctor's visit. Jabez just really had a bad cold and cough while Dakota had a double ear infection, his second in like 2 weeks time, and also a junky chest. But this week it seems we have finally been healthy and for that I praise God. I am hoping to keep them healthy and myself also healthy.
Something else I have been doing is working out to Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. I started before Christmas and then got really sick and took a little over a week off. Picked it back up and now I am taking today and the next two days trying to get my ankle back to normal. One of the days I was doing it a few weeks ago I side stepped and have been having issues since then. So I was told its time to take a bit of a break to give it some time to heal. My thoughts on this are that I hate it. I really want to work out now but I am choosing to be wise because I don't want to do permanent damage to it.
I have been working really hard since about September to get some of this weight off that I have gained over the years having kids. My recent baby was pretty easy to lose. I have lost all the weight I gained with him plus some more then that. Now I am working on getting rid of the rest from my first son.
My goal is to be back where I want to be by my birthday and for that to happen I am starting to realize I need to make some huge eating habit changes in the next couple of months to get me there. So that is what I am going to do. Not exactly sure what all that will be yet. I need to kind of take some actual time to decide what I need to cut out and what I need to add to make me healthier and be able to lose this weight by my goal date.
Another thing that I have been working on this month so far is spending time with God. I have really been horrible at that in the last year. A friend of mine and I are doing a Bible study together and it takes me to the Word everyday. I am also reading through the Bible in a year. So those are things that I am trying to do to better my relationship with Christ. I want to become more and more like him and the only way I can do that is through daily devotion to him.
Another big thing for our little family.....I proclaim that Jabez is potty trained!!

So this is a brief update on what is going on in this household.
By the way my beautiful baby boy will be turning 6 months on Tuesday. I can't believe he will be that old already. Man how time flies....

No comments: