From these moments background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Dakota is 11 months

Well Saturday marked the day my baby turned 11 months. I always find it crazy how fast time goes. It almost seems like yesterday that I had a new born. I just love his contagious smile that he carries almost all the time when you talk to him, when he plays, or just in general. He is really into climbing into, over, and on all types of things as you can see below.



He has started letting go of a few things and stands for a few seconds. We still don't have many words. Just "mamamamama" pretty much. He is pretty interested in doing things with his hands. He is eating pretty much solid foods when we have a chance to feed it to him. It makes it kind of difficult when we seem to be busy all the time. I love watching his little jaw move up and down as he mushes food.
He still isn't taking a sippy cup, partially due to his cleft I believe. He just doesn't have the suction necessary to do it. That will all change tomorrow as he is scheduled to have surgery in Ft. Wayne at 10:30 am to repair it.
My best friend spent hours on preparing a notebook of verses talking about peace, fear, among other things. I am sad to say I still haven't taken any time today to look at it and dig into all the work she has done for me. I do really appreciate all the effort put forth on her part to prepare for me.I haven't really taken the chance today to think about tomorrow. I am trusting that I have come to the point where I have put my trust in God over the matter of my heart issues I had with my baby having surgery tomorrow. I pray that I can continue to keep a calm heart, mind, and spirit.

And just for kicks here is my absolutely adorable handsome little man, well older little man who is so absolutely amazing. I enjoy listening to him talk more and more proficiently. He is off spending time with his aunt tonight and for the day tomorrow. I am thankful for family who is willing to help when needed.

No comments: