From these moments background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Makeover of the Heart Week 2 " A Heart that Delights in the Lord"




This week I once again joined At The Well on this Journey of Making over my heart. This week our challenge was A heart that delights in the Lord. Psalm 37:4 says"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." What does it mean to delight oneself in the Lord? To me it means finding God in your everyday life. Washing dishes, changing diapers, vacuuming, cleaning, making food, in relationship with friends and family around you. These are all opportunities to delight yourself in the Lord. It also means coming and sitting at his feet seeking out His Word, praying, and just listening to what he may be speaking to you, it may be sitting and listening to worship music. I want and desire to delight myself in the Lord. I desire to be his hands and feet. I desire to know him more. I have just recently been at this place where I am desiring more and more of God. I am excited for what he is doing in my heart and life.
The story of Mary and Martha in really convicted me this week.
Luke 10:38-42 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”

I want to learn how to sit at Jesus feet like Mary did. I want to be at a place in my relationship with Jesus that I am willing to stop and seek his face in the business of my day. I want to learn how to not worry about how things look around my house if I feel God is calling me to be with him. I don't want to miss anything he may have for me. You see, I see God seeking me to be with him.

I challenge you To Be, sit at his feet and soak him in. He is waiting for you.

No comments: