From these moments background

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Makeover of the Heart Week 3

This past weeks topic on Makeover of the heart was about "A Healed Heart." The verse for this week was "God heals the brokenhearted, binding up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
The topic was forgiveness. Some of the questions asked were :
Are there people in my life I need to forgive?
Are there any areas in my own life that I haven't forgiven myself for?

When I first went through this I really felt there wasn't anyone that I haven't forgiven. I feel like I am a person that can forgive and move forward relatively easily. But then I was talking to my mom the other day and realized that there are some family issues in the past year, ways that family has hurt my daddy. Seeing how my daddy has been hurt has brought feelings of anger and resentment, maybe even protection. I don't want to see my dad hurt like he has been hurt ever again by family. This is something that God will continue to have to work on to truly get me to a place of total forgiveness. I love my family but I can't handle them being hurt. Will you please join with me in prayer that I will come to this complete forgiveness.
Is there an area in my own life that I haven't forgiven myself? One thing that I have struggled with my whole life is blaming myself for whatever happens. Even in fights with my husband I have chosen in the past to blame myself for them. I keep hearing from him and others that I need to truly come to a place I know where my security is. My security needs to rest in Jesus Christ alone. So today I am being really vulnerable and sharing with you all here. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can come to this place because it is something that I really want God to work on and change in my life.
So ask yourself as you go are there any areas of unforgiveness in your hearts against others or even yourself. Let God really speak to you.

No comments: