From these moments background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Little Boy's Nightmare Becomes a Reality

Yesterday morning I was awoken to the sound of my 4 year old crying in terror. It was a cry I have never heard. I got up as fast as I could and went into his room. I grabbed him out of his bed and headed towards the living room. (Didn't really want to wake up the 21 month old yet). I got him to a place where I finally got him calmed down enough to talk to me about what was going on. He told me that he had a bad dream. So I asked him about his dream. He told me that daddy broke the car. I probed a bit further to see what was there. He continued to say that daddy broke the car by hitting a van. I explained to him that daddy was safe and at work and that daddy was ok. It didn't really seem to calm him much more. So I told him we would just pray. So we prayed that daddy would be safe, that daddy wouldn't get hurt. We prayed for protection over daddy as he drove. After praying for awhile, he seemed to come to a place of peace. I shoved off the dream, not thinking to much about it again. I did tell a few friends about the dream he had. They thought it was kind of interesting.
Well today came about and my husband was on his way home from work. I had called him and talked to him seeing when he would be home. Being as we don't live to far from where he works, I knew it wouldn't be too long before he came home. I was still at the neighbors when I had called him and didn't figure I would be back at the house when he got home. I was really surprised when I came home and he still wasn't here. I gave thought to and even wondered where or what could be keeping him. Then I remembered he said something about stopping and getting a shake on his way home. Not too long after that thought I got a phone call from him saying that he had been in an accident and that he needed me to come with the insurance information to give to the police. The only problem was, the boys were asleep for their naps. I quickly ran over to the neighbors again and summoned out my friend and asked her to come over to watch the kids cause my husband was in an accident and needed me.
There are several things about this accident that blows my mind. First of all, my sons dream became a reality today. It was pretty much as he had said, my husband "broke" the car by hitting a van. I believe God gave my son a prophecy yesterday and it was fulfilled today. I feel that God may have given it to him to teach us all a lesson. Don't ever take any dream like that lightly. To really seek his face in times as such. I don't really know much about prophecy, maybe this is something God is asking me to learn more about. I believe we prayed for a protection that only our heavenly Father could have brought about. I mean he could have been T-boned, he could have been going fast enough to split the telephone poll my husband came to a rest at after he got hit by the van.
Another thing I want to praise God for is having my friend come home from work early on a day she was suppose to work until late. If she hadn't been there, not sure what I would have done. God has shown himself faithful once again to our family and for that I am eternally grateful.
I want to be more aware of what my Father is doing around me at all times. I want to really seek God out and know if prophecy is something he wants me to study more of. I want to listen to what my little men have to say and really take it to heart. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to us.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That made me cry Rhoda. God is good and he speaks through our kids....It teaches us to listen and heed the words out of the mouths of our little ones. PTL Edwin is ok, and Amazing that God gave that to Jabez!