From these moments background

Monday, April 18, 2011

At the heart of Death

There is something that has been on my heart a lot in the last couple of weeks, death. It happens in a blink of an eye. One moment someone you love is there and the next moment they are not.
One of my good friends said goodbye to their little baby girl at full term even before she opened her eyes. The significance of that is I didn't actually find out about it until the day and the exact time they were really saying goodbye for good during her funeral. I heard about it on Facebook. I read. I cried. I screamed. I grieved for my friends. I can't even imagine what an experience like that would be like. I keep trying to think of what it might be like to carry around your baby for nine months being sick and feeling the kicks and then nothing. One amazing thing through it all is our heavenly Father. He was speaking to them even before this day happened. He gave them certain scripture that now makes sense in everything that happens. They have their faith. They have their family. But most of all they have a heavenly Father who promises to never leave or forsake them. I know personally their will be amazing growth in me through this, but I look forward to the things this teaches to my friends.
My parents also lost friends close to them. It was Monday. My Jabez's birthday. I was once again reading facebook updates when I came across something I am sure my mom would have mentioned had she known. I make the call and make sure my mom knows that some really close friends of theirs were killed instantly in a head on collision the day before. The world stops for a moment while my mom soaks it in and then there are the tears. A couple was snatched away from this like together. I think how amazing that must be to be able to meet our heavenly Father with your soul mate here on Earth. There is no missing your spouse because they are gone and you are not. They were a couple who were filled greatly with the spirit of God. They have left quite a legacy for others.
And then yet another tragedy strikes my parents. A man my daddy has known for over 40 years was found slumped over in his pickup. He said early in the week he wasn't feeling well. His energy just wasn't there, but he assured his wife that if this was his time he was ready to go. They made the doctor's appointment but they never made it there. My daddy talked about it last night chocking back tears. Oh how my heart hurts for my parents and all that they have been through in the last few weeks.
What is my time? What is my day? It is never revealed to us. That is why we must remain in him. Pursue your heavenly Father with abandonment. Seek whatever he may have for you. Share the love of Jesus with as many people as you can. Make your life a contagious life that others want what you have. That is my desire.

No comments: