From these moments background

Friday, September 5, 2008

Growing Up

I have had so many thoughts in the past couple of days about my son. My son just turned 17 months yesterday. He was a late walker, and now he is running around. It really freaks me out when I look at him and see that he is no longer a baby but a little boy who is constantly busy. He has recently started to understand so many things I say to him it is almost scary. Here I have been entrusted with this little man to raise him in a way that is pleasing to God. I want so much for him to grow up knowing God as his personal Lord and Savior, but sometimes I see how my own life is and I wonder how God entrusted this little one to me to raise him to serve him because frankly the way i lead life is pretty ugly sometimes. That is what scares me the most. I know that I am forever being changed by my Heavenly Father, but how willing am I to let him change me. I know that I am more willing to let him change me when things aren't going very well for me, but when life is going well I sometimes forget to praise God in the moment. So I see at this point and time in my life where I need to make changes that are constant. Some of those changes include seeking God on a daily basis, not forgetting to praise God in the good times, and talking to my son on a daily basis about how much God loves him. This to me is a huge challenge, but I don't have a choice but to do it if I want to see what is best for my son.

No comments: