From these moments background

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pain

When I see someone I love going through pain it makes my heart hurt. I just want to take that hurt from them and give back to them whatever has made them so sad, but in each and every situation that is usually an impossible thing to do. I don't like to feel helpless, and I don't like to see others hopeless. I just want to give them everything they have lost, everything they have needed, but in my humanness that is not possible. Only God can give them everything they need. I can be there to love them, to listen to them, encourage them, do for them whatever I can do and give them to God and entrust them to His care. He knows what is best for His people, but that doesn't keep me from asking questions. (Why does one have to go through so much pain in life? What is the purpose for it? Why does it seem like the same people are continuously being challenged with more things than I could handle at one time? It seems like when one thing happens, then there are many to follow.

These are questions that I can continue to allow to plague my mind, or these are questions I can choose to give to God. I know that I will never truely understand why pain is allowed in life, but I do know that I need to trust God through it all. I know that going through pain and hurt have something to do with our human nature but it doesn't entirely make sense to me. One day I will understand; that is the day I get to see my Heavenly Father and never will have to worry about pain and suffering again. What a wonderful thought.

A verse that kind of reminds me that God is in the things we go through is as follows: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them(Romans 8:28)." Although most of those hurts and pains don't make sense right away, I want to trust God that something good will come out of it.

So to all of those that I love, I wish I could take away the pain that you face, the heartaches that you have. Remember that I love you, and I am here for you whatever you go through.

No comments: