From these moments background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dakota is 1

My baby is one today. It is so hard to believe how incredibly fast this year has gone. He is such a happy little guy who is such a blessing to our lives in so many ways. We still only have one word but that is "mama." I didn't hear mama from Jabez until he was over 2. It was a sound that was hard for him, not entirely sure why, but thanks to 1st steps he seems to be where he needs to be now!Anyway back to Dakota. He is a handful, way more than his older brother was at his age. He gets into anything and everything. He is standing but still not walking, but again his brother didn't walk until he was 16 months old. So here are some pictures I thought you all might enjoy. This is Dakota from the day he was born.
This is Dakota with his daddy and brother at about 3 months old. And this is my little man at about 6 months.So now we have come to the day, actually the day after, (his birthday party was actually about a week early), where my baby has hit the 1 year milestone. I can't believe it.
My handsome little man before he got his hair cut. I love this picture. His little smash cake. These two are what was left after he smashed his cake. I have never seen a baby so eager to grab at their cake like Dakota did. It was so fun to watch. I have a video of it but haven't been able to get it to load right, so for now pictures will have to do.

No comments: