From these moments background

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You are Worth It

I have a friend who is really being challenged in life right now. Her husband has recently lost his job do to an injury that he has that doesn't allow him to continue in the position he had. Its an injury that could be in his way for work for the rest of his life. I can't imagine being told that I may have an injury that will keep from doing what I have known for my entire life. As a result of him losing his job, they have absolutely no income right now. The only thing that they have right now are food stamps. Everything else is just going by faith. They have had their bills come up due and so far it has been taken care of by people who love them. The other evening I was talking to my friend about this and she just broke down with how she was feeling about others taking care of them completely, that they can't do anything for themselves. She told me she feels worthless. I can't imagine feeling like you don't know where your next penny is coming from to get something you really need.
So last night I took some time to see what the Bible says about "worth in the Bible and shared several verses with her. So that is what I would like to do here.
And through your faith, God is protecting you by His power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.
Matthew 10:31 Therefore don't be afraid. You are of more value than many sparrows.
Luke 12:7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don't be afraid. You are of more value than many sparrows.
1Pe 1:6-7 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

I don't get or understand what God is doing in their lives. He keeps showing that he is faithful to them in crazy ways. I find it awesome and amazing how faithful he has been to them. I always want to ask why He is allowing them to go through this really hard time in their life, something that has been ongoing for at least 3 years now. How can any one family continuously be hit over and over again. What are you trying to say God. What is the lesson you have in it, not only for them, but for us?
I am going to continue to lift this very precious family to God's heavenly throne that he would continue to supply all their needs.
Phil 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
I am claiming this verse, along with others, over their lives tonight.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Thank you for posting this... Not only is it encouraging for those in that trial, but for anyone who is struggling right now. I needed this too. Love you girl!