From these moments background

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Harry the Worm, and Roger the Mouse

Most of as a child had a favorite teddy bear, blanket or doll that we slept with. This past weekend my boys stayed with their grandparents while we went to the beach with some friends for some time away. They came home with these little worm things. Dakota, my youngest, has become greatly attached to this toy. He is so attached in fact that he is crawling everywhere with it and sleeping with it. He gets this smile of great contentment when he sees it. It brings a smile to my face every time I see how happy it makes him. So for him its not something really cuddly, at least not in my opinion. My husband and I decided the worm needed a name and thus he became known as Harry!
My older son has a little stuffed mouse that has become his sleeping buddy. It comes from a really great friend of mine who got it because she got her daughter one. One day I was asking him what his mouse's name was. He pops up with Roger. I have no idea where he came up with the name but it has stuck. I have a picture of his mouse but not one of Jabez with his mouse. One of my favorite things is when he is holding Roger and says "I love him." I think its adorable.
I love watching my boys love on inanimate objects. I just have to think that it will one day click for them to love each other like they love their favorite toys.

No comments: