From these moments background

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Possible Mind explosion

Here I am at almost midnight. Thoughts are racing their way through my mind. I feel I have no control over them. The shut off button is not in site.
Tonight was my lady's group meeting. We have recently just been allowing one person at a time share about what God is doing in their hearts and minds or something along that line or coming up with a service project, really anything we feel compelled to do. Anyway tonight hit way close to my heart. My friend that was sharing was talking about how our words we use are either life or death. She was speaking about how her brother had impacted her in this area of life. This is a huge area that God has been working on my heart in.
And then kind of stemming off of this subject is the subject of the Fruits of the Spirit. Lately I have also been processing how my life reflects the beauty of the Lord to my children. I see such ugly stuff in my character, things that are definitely not reflecting the fruits that God says we should reflect. It makes me really sad to think of where I am and the responsibility I have as mommy to train up my children in the ways of the Lord. How can they really learn who God is if I don't really show his characteristics, his fruits.
Marriage is another subject that has been close to my heart for a number of years but more recently since we have taken over as leaders in our small group. Tonight a friend came to our lady's group who is going through a very difficult situation with her soon to be ex husband. It makes me sad to see someone else's marriage destroyed by divorce. But more than that I have started reading this book called "The Wholehearted Marriage" by Dr. Greg Smalley and Dr. Shawn Stoever. Maybe someday soon I will post on what I am learning through it.
Another thing I have been working on and involved in is an accountability group off of our small group that meets. Our small group's focus is on marriage. So we are taking a challenge of really digging into "what love is" out of I Corinthians 13. So far it has been good for me to do this digging. I have thoughts that I want to put together from this study and I would also like to post on this in the weeks to come and share with all of you what God is showing me through this challenge. I hope we can keep up with this challenge.
So now as my day comes to a close I am choosing to place all of these things into God's hands and let him continue to work on me because he will be faithful to complete what he has started.

No comments: