From these moments background

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Its been 2 months and counting!

I can't believe its been over two months since I have posted. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years have all come and gone. I am still trying to piece together all the God wants from me in this new year. I guess I should really take time and just listen to him and figure it out being as today is the 5th already.
But something that is huge on my heart is how much I feel totally overwhelmed between yesterday and today about how much God has really shown up. Dakota had been sick with a cold and cough for about two weeks and just a few days ago it seemed to all clear up! I have so many praises that I am just going to make this post a post of praise.
1. Dakota seems to have just been healed of his cold and cough out of the blue. Wasn't sure we were gonna be able to do the whole surgery thing.
2. The roads were safe to travel on to and from Ft. Wayne...i.e., no snow.
3. My husband, my best friend, and my parents were there to support us in the day of Dakota's second surgery.
4. Surgery went without a hitch.
5. When we first got to see Dakota after surgery he was already totally out in a deep sleep. He slept for two hours.
6. The peace that God gave me even coming up to the surgery and the day of the surgery still amazes me. Last time I didn't even want to talk about it, it stressed me out so bad.
7. After Dakota slept for his two hours we went back into his room. The child was angry because I didn't give him his sippy right away( I had to get it filled first). The child drank and drank and drank. And then we decided to try food. He ate jello, sherbet, and a plate full of mac and cheese. Wow, I was so shocked and amazed.
8. We got to come home 9 hours after we got to the hospital in the first place.
9. Dakota slept all night long, which means I slept all night long!
10. Dakota has gone all day with no pain meds. He has been playing and running around just like he never had surgery. It does frighten me to see him running and falling knowing he has stitches in his mouth but you definitely cannot hold down a 17 month old.
I am just praising God over and over for his amazing hand on my last two days. I also want to thank all of my friends and family who prayed for us in this time. Thank you.

No comments: