From these moments background

Friday, September 18, 2009

Crazy Love Book......

I have been wanting to write this since I had my study with the women's group on Wednesday evening, over a week ago, but I have had very busy times and not any great amount of time to just stop and write something that is on my heart. Its just kind of been hard with the baby, canning, and juggling all things in life. So being so busy just allowed me barely enough time to get my second chapter finished. To be honest I mostly just skimmed it. I know that I should have allowed myself more time but I was procrastinating and it got me into trouble. So when we were talking about the second chapter everybody was saying how convicting it was to them. But I didn't really even catch what it was saying because I was so busy and had so little time to read it. In our time of talking people started to share little things about the chapter. As I was sitting there listening to others talk about things I was thinking about my day and remembered how Jabez came up to me and asked for water. He was so insistent that he needed water right then and there. I found it really annoying at the time but the more I thought about it the more it really hit me that just as Jabez was longing for water for his physical needs we need to be pressing into God and wanting to know him more. As we were sitting there at the end of our time and getting ready to pray I was just hit overwhelmingly by the presence of God. As I prayed I just had tears come to my eyes because of the awesomeness that God had revealed to me.
The sad thing is that over a week has gone by and I haven't really spent anymore time with God then I did previous to this revelation. I get so caught up in the day to day things of life that I just don't spend that time with him. It is so frustrating. I don't know where to turn and figure out how to do everything. If anyone has any advice for me that would be wonderful.
As I continue on this journey through this book I pray that some life changes come.

No comments: