From these moments background

Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Crazy Love" book thoughts

Well we had our first meeting for the "Crazy Love" book a few weeks ago, almost 2 weeks ago in fact. I will have to say meeting with a group of women as I have said before is good. It took us a little bit to begin opening up with the questions that were asked but it did end up becoming a good deep conversation. One of the things that really stuck out to me was talking about how hard it is to live each day serving God with everything we have. How do we balance a life of family, friends, house, and just life in general but still live to serve God? It is a question we couldn't really completely answer. I find it really sad that I struggle so much with this but I think it is something that most of us deal with in our lifetimes. Until we come to grasp exactly how much God really loves us, we won't see much change. In our humanness I don't think it is possible to completely come to an understanding of God's amazing and infinite love. Our message at church this morning was actually on the verses in the Bible where it talks about "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your soul, and Love your neighbor as yourself." I think if we learn to love people more we can learn to love God more. If we chose not to avoid certain people who bug us but actually take the time to talk to them, isn't that a bit of loving our neighbor. How many of us purposely avoid a certain type or even a certain person cause they bug us? I know that I do. Anyway I have kind of gotten off topic. So I want to try to live life in a that is of loving people.
So onto to the second chapter that I just actually watched the online video for for the first time asked a question about "Am I really living my life in such a way that it shows that my life here on earth is just a vapor," as it talks about in the book of James. My question out of this again is, "How do we live our lives as if we could die at any moment?" I feel this kind of life would be like walking around on pointy stones all day long. How do you live this kind of life without living on your tiptoes constantly? Can anyone help me answer this question?
So now as this week approaches we continue you with Chapters 3 and 4 of this book. I have only briefly started reading it, but I will try to share my thoughts on this also.

No comments: