From these moments background

Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts

When I was sitting here on the couch last night feeding my baby I got to thinking about these last couple weeks of life. I started looking at all the ways my baby has changed. At his 2 week appointment he hadn't gained any weight except his birth weight back. Well in the month since then he has been eating nonstop. That would explain how he has gained 2 lbs 3 onces. In my opinion that is crazy! He has also started smiling a lot. Last night we had an almost giggle.
Time is flying by so quickly, he is growing so fast. I am truly trying to enjoy all these stages cause its going to be over so soon. One of the areas that I struggle are with being up a lot some nights. I enjoy my sleep too much and when I don't get it I am a mess the next day. I am not fun to be around and I pity my poor kids. I am trying to make sure that I am proactive this time in the decisions that I make and not push myself too much. Last time I tried to do everything myself and ended up sick and really depressed. I have made some decisions that some people I am sure think is crazy. But you know what I am enjoying my baby this time. I am happy this time. I have only had a few number of days where I have felt really weepy. I have taken charge of my body and my schedule and that feels awesome! I have allowed friends to come and help me out, although it was a very humbling thing to do in the beginning.
I am thoroughly enjoying being a mom of two. I look forward to the coming months and watching them to continue to interact more and more. I truly feel very blessed.

No comments: