From these moments background

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Innocence of a Child

I meant to write about this earlier, like last week when it happened, but I didn't get a chance to.
I was putting my 2 almost 3 year old to bed the other night and we usually pray with him before we say our final good-night. So he has a routine things he likes to pray for, you know his mommy and daddy, his little brother, his best friend, and her family and the children of the world (still not sure how to totally foster the children of the world for a toddler). So I asked after we were done praying if there was something else he wanted me to pray for. He looks at me and says "walls mommy, pray for walls." At first I looked at him and laughed and immediately I was filled with this feeling of what are you doing. I felt God convicting my heart about this. I looked at Jabez and I told him "yes we can pray for walls because God has given them to us as protection."
I am amazed at how God uses a child to remind you of things that we so often take for granted. I love my son, I thank God for his innocence in this time in his life. I pray that as his life and heart continue to be formed that God will continue to keep my eyes open to opportunities to pour into his life.

1 comment:

Amber Stoneburner said...

That's amazing! I love it when things like that happen!