From these moments background

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was another one of those beautiful days we have been having here in Indiana. It is amazing to me how March has hit and we have had nothing but sunshine. I have completely and totally loved all the sunshine over the past couple of days, well lets see six days! There is something about seeing the sunshine days in a row after having the dark gloom of winter that does something for your spirit and soul.
Today we has the opportunity to go take some of that sunshine in at the park with my boys. We parked at a place we don't usually park because the road to go to the park is closed right now due to construction. So we walked across a little foot bridge over the river and onto a muddy, muddy path to get to the park. It was so fun to watch my boys play, especially my oldest who was willing to go about the play area by himself to find the slide and come down himself. I was standing there with my baby in his stroller and my two almost 3 year old seeming so independent. I can't explain to you what this did to me. The tears came to my eyes to see his independence. My big boy is really, really growing up. He is becoming more and more independent everyday. It is fun to watch but also has me realizing how quickly this will past.
I also had the opportunity to put my 7 month old in a baby swing and let him swing away. The smile on his face was beautiful. I was once again reminded how quickly they grow up and how quickly they change.
So as I draw this day to a close I am so grateful for the time I had with my family enjoying the sunshine and seeing my babies growing up so quickly. I was just reminded once again how quickly time passes and I don't want to take one moment for granted that I have with them.

No comments: