From these moments background

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Keeping an Eternal Perspective

I am going to be honest. I am struggling with this. Today we were challenged at church to maintain an eternal perspective with things in life. It has been a difficult day.
We were given an opportunity to pray for each other this morning. It was a great time of bonding between women with prayer, hugs, and tears.
It is so hard to see my best friends continuing to struggle throughout life. It just seems they can't catch a break, and to be honest it makes me angry to see them continue to be hit up one side and then down the other. First their car breaks down, then he gets laid off again, then there is constant sickness, and then guess what their new car they just bought breaks down again. My husband and our friend worked on it afternoon trying to figure it out. No luck, no ideas. It stinks!
We also received a call from my husband's sister who had her baby last night. The baby was born with complications. He has pneumonia because he had ingested meconium (newborn poop) into his lungs. Hard to hear, but I am going to believe that God will take care of him and heal him.
There were other things with today but mostly just struggling with how to keep an eternal perspective. I mean what does it mean to keep an eternal perspective. My heart hurts for all that has happened today. I pray that as I continue on through this week I could try to keep my eyes on Jesus and have more of an eternal perspective!

No comments: