From these moments background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Makeover of The Heart Week 4

Yup, I am still a bit behind on my study going on over At The Well on Making over our hearts. This weeks study was called "A Committed Heart." Our verse this week is Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."
What does committing to Christ mean? There were so many things that were hit in this past week's lesson that its kind of hard to remember it all. A lot of the study went back to scripture, II Timothy 2:22-24, Colossians 3:1-17, Ephesians 4:17-5:21, as examples. I think I read and read these portions of scripture. These portions talk a lot about how we should live when we chose to live for Christ. It talks about getting rid of all the old things in your life and living completely and wholly for him. It means putting all the bad attitudes, talk, language, temper; all that stuff away and chosing to put on love. Col 3:14 says that "And regardless of what else you put on , wear Love. It is your basic, all-purpose garment. NEVER be without it." In other words "God is Love," we are to never put him off and pick up our bad sinful habits. This seems totally impossible to do or be but we can continue to work our hearts toward this kind of living.
This lesson also talked about our choices we make and had several questions to help keep you in check. "Always remember, "DOES THIS BRING GLORY TO GOD? WOULD THIS MAKE GOD SMILE OR WOULD THIS MAKE GOD SAD?"
Wow, stunned was I at these questions. How much easier my life would be if I were to just take the time and ask myself these questions. I wouldn't constantly make mistakes of saying the wrong things, or doing the wrong things.
Lord, right now I pray that you give these words as a constant in my heart. I want to do only want honors you. I want what you want for my life.

No comments: