From these moments background

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Family

Well I thought it might be a good time since I have written a few blogs to tell you a bit about my family. I grew up in a christian home with a mom and dad and two brothers, one older and one younger. Being an only girl was never an easy thing. I always wished for a sister but that obviously never happened. I never had really close relationships with my brothers, and I still don't. That in a way makes me sad but a lot of that has to do with the fact that we led very different lives growing up. I chose to walk with Christ and never was attracted to the party scene, but both of them chose to follow that path. I believe that someday both will truely commit their hearts and lives completely to God.
I went to a conservative church for 18 years of my life and then I left. It was amazing to me to see the freedom you can have in serving Christ without the rules of telling me what I can and cannot wear (in other words, I didn't feel controlled by the church to have a certain wardrobe). I do thank God for parents who taught me about modesty and purity. I learned that you can serve God in freedom without all the rules and regulations on what you can and cannot wear.
Well sometime after this I started attending a church service on Saturday nights that was called Downtown @ 808. I got involved here with a small group. We were all a bunch of single people with one goal in mind. We were about serving God together, along with having some major fun times. I remember going to Chicago for a day, going to Cedar Point on several different occasions, just hanging out and playing games. We all loved to hang out and have fun. And then we started to grow up. Several people started to develop interest in each other. Soon there were relationships within this group of single people. That is when my wonderful husband and I got together. We spent many hours just talking and conversing with one another, getting to know each other. Then we started going out. After about 4 months my then boyfriend left me to go to YWAM with me to follow in just three months. Through our YWAM experiences, we were apart for 11 months but we maintained our relationship and friendship. Our longest time of being apart was 5 months(of not seeing each other at all). Our only way of communication was through phone and mainly email. Talk about a crazy time in our lives but a time where we both grew so much in our walk with God in our own personal lives.
After these 11 months of being apart we came back together and continued to pursue one another. About a year later we became husband and wife, July 31, 2004. It was an amazing day.
We have now been married for 4 years. Our journey has been anywhere from very easy going to very challenging. Through it all it has been amazing to see how our love has grown in these past several years.
We also have an 18 month old son who completely fills our lives with joy. He is so funny with all the little things he does. We also have a little angel, our little Ashor, who is waiting for us in heaven. Out of everything here on earth I look forward to being in the presence of my God someday, but for now I rejoice in everyday that I have with my family and the amazing opportunity that I have to serve a risen Lord and savior with my family. I look forward to the day when I get to go to my Heavenly Father and bask in his presence. I also look forward to being reunited with my child.

No comments: