From these moments background

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Waiting

Waiting, waiting, waiting......
Waiting on a home of our own. Waiting on God's next step in our life. Waiting is just a part of life. I don't like waiting for things. I would just like everything to be right here, right now. But I guess you learn so much through the waiting process of life.
The most recent thing we thought that finally happened was getting the news on a house we have been waiting for. Last week, I believe it was, our realtor called us and let us know that the bank finally came to a "verbal" agreement on the house we have been looking at and waiting on. Let me take a moment to explain, we made an offer on a house, I believe back at the beginning of August, that is in a process called short-sale. From what I understand a short-sale is something that happens before a foreclosure. The owner of the property actually owes more to the bank then the property is worth, and from what I understand he is also behind on his payments. A very sad place to be. So anyway, you first have to get approval from the owner of the house and then you have to wait like weeks to months to hear an answer from the bank. The banks are overwhelmed with the number of homes going through the short-sale or foreclosure process, that is why it takes so long.
Anyway, we heard the news last week of this "verbal agreement" and we became pretty excited about it. We have started looking at paint colors for the hous. It is pretty crazy to think about the amount of time and things involved in redecorating, but it was really exciting.
Yesterday we got a call from our realtor again that things have changed. The bank that controls this mortgage has decided that they are no longer doing short-sales. Instead, they are packaging a bunch of the short-sale properties and selling them off in bundles to other institutions.
So you are probably wondering what does that mean for us? Well I wish I knew all the answers to this question. From what I understand the agreement is no longer there. It was just a "verbal agreement" not a "written agreement" so there is nothing binding them to this agreement. So we are back to waiting again.
I will be honest, I cried when I heard the news. It crushed my heart. I purposely didn't attach myself to the thought of getting this house in the beginning but once we heard that we got it, I got excited. Our wait was over. We were finally going to have a house again. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been horrible living where we have been living, but I am ready for my own living space.
So we are in this place again of waiting. Waiting for the house that we thought we had, waiting to move forward with this area of our life.
What is God doing through this? I don't understand why we have to continue to wait but I want to trust God that he has our best interests in mind. He knows the desire of my heart. He knows what I want, but somehow I feel that there is something more that He wants from us. Do I know what that is? No. Do I wish that I did? Yes. The only choice I have right now is to wait and seek God to see what he has for us.
I ask all of you my friends to be praying for us through this process. Pray that God would show us the next step in our lives. I just want to be faithful to God through all of this.
I do believe it is ok for me to voice how I am feeling because I believe God cares about what we are going through. I also have to keep God at the forefront of my thoughts. He is with me in this waiting. I just have to praise God for all the blessings in our lives at this current moment in time and that gets me back to the right perspective.

1 comment:

Dora said...

Rhoda, I just read your blods and they are beautiful. I can see that you are being stretched and learning and growing so much through the most difficult times. God is speaking to you and teaching you things. Sister I love you and miss you and yearn to be there with you and sit with you and hug you. Wish we could watch our kids plat together.