From these moments background

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Post....... Finally...........

Well it has been awhile since I have posted on here. I don't know if it was out of laziness or just because I wasn't sure what to write after my last post. But I have made a decision that if i am going to have a blog I am going to have to keep it updated.
What is new in my life since I last posted....
Well we gave birth to our new little one on July 26, 2009 at 11:31 am. Let me tell you about my moment of meeting my son. It was a moment that I wasn't sure how the experience was going to be in the weeks before he came. I knew that I couldn't wait to meet him but I didn't know how I would feel with everything we have been through in the last year. This pregnancy for me was a very emotional pregnancy, in large to do with the miscarriage we experienced 3 months prior to getting pregnant with our son. Getting pregnant so quickly afterwords was a little overwhelming for me emotionally, and I dealt with this emotion throughout the pregnancy. I also dealt with the approach of my due date for our child that is in heaven in April. That was a process to work through in and of itself as you read in my last post. So throwing all this in there just kind of made me feel that meeting my child was gonna be quite the moment. I just wasn't sure what it would be like.
I experienced lots of discomfort with this pregnancy towards the end, way more than I ever did with my pregnancy with my oldest child. So I was ready weeks before my due date to have it over with but God saw it differently. My due date was the 24th of July and that day came and went. We actually went to the fair to see the rodeo on my due date just to give us something to do. Sitting through the rodeo was tough cause it was uncomfortable to sit there but I made it through. Well the next morning about 2:30 am I started with contractions. My contractions continued throughout the entire day. Sometimes they seemed to be getting more regular but then sometimes they almost seemed to be coming to an end. The hard part about it was where the contractions were. They were mostly in my back and it was quite painful. As Saturday continued we decided to take our son over to our friend's house because things seemed to be progressing and we didn't want to have to wake him up in the middle of the night to take him over there just in case we had to leave for the birthing center. Well we came home and decided to try to get some sleep. I didn't get much sleep but i did get some rest throughout the night. About 4:30 am things picked up and seemed to be getting closer, a longer amount of time, and more and more painful. Well finally around quarter till ten we decided that it was time to head towards the birthing center. It seemed like a long painful ride, but once we got there things progressed quickly. Our midwife broke my water and about an hour and 2o minutes later we met our son. He was placed on my chest and all I could say was how beautiful he was. I didn't know that a baby can come out and be so beautiful. I couldn't stop being in awe of him. I just held him and held him. i didn't want anyone to take him away from me. It was something that I have waited for for so long to meet my baby's face and hold him in my arms. Let me just say it was one of the most memorable moments in my life. I felt so filled with joy. It didn't matter all the pain I had just been through. I was now looking at my baby in the face and was able to admire how God had formed him so perfectly. I could write so much more right now but I just want to get this posted and will continue what I have experienced through this time in my life.

No comments: