From these moments background

Thursday, August 20, 2009

What I imagine canning would be like without the help of a friend

Yesterday I got to can applesauce with a friend of mine. We had a great time while doing it. It is the most productive thing I have done since I have had the baby. I can't even imagine if I had tried to do this on my own. It seems like it would have been a bit out of hand. I can only think of what it would have been like.
1.I am sure while my apples were cooking both my boys would have had great big blow outs requiring my attention for quite awhile. And then I would have come out to find my apples had burnt because of my lack of attention.
2.I can only imagine my toddler running up to me all the while trying to get things done, saying "water, water, water, water." Honey you need to have patience till mommy has a second to get you some. With a return to "water, water, water." Oh the joys of toddlerhood and the lack of their patience!
3. I am sure it would have taken me about 12 hours instead of 4.
4. The baby would want to be held constantly....well I guess that pretty much happened. I pulled out the sling and strapped him to my body and then I could get some things done. I am sure there is also that thing of wanting to be feed constantly also.
5. I would seriously have applesauce everywhere except in the cans where it belongs because my toddler would be pulling at my arm for my attention.

These are just some random thoughts I have now that I have been up for almost 2 hours with a baby that doesn't seem to want to go back to sleep for some odd reason. He usually eats and goes right back to sleep within a half hour but I guess he feels like being a mystery tonight or should I say this morning? I really enjoyed canning yesterday because I finally felt like I was doing something instead of just sitting around holding down the couch, feeding kids, and changing diapers all day. I am still in the recovery mode since having my son so there are still many household things I am not suppose to be doing. I am not a person who usually just sits around and does nothing so this has been a challenge for me. I am also not a person who asks for help with things, and I have had to ask for help and it has been very humbling to do so. I just want to thank everyone who has offered to help me because I can't do it all on my own. I especially want to thank those that have helped me. It is much appreciated. Well now that I have rambled, lets see if I can get my baby back to bed and see myself there also.

No comments: