From these moments background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of the loss of our baby. It is hard to believe that it has been a year already. I don't feel real emotional about today, in fact I have been given just a wonderfully joyful day today. I woke up and look outside and saw the sunshine and my heart just started singing "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day. I have a wonderful feeling that God is gonna bless this day. " I just can't get God off my mind today. I have seen him in every step that I have taken today. I had a really great morning with the boys and my heart just continued to sing praises to our risen Lord and King.
This afternoon while the boys have been asleep I have finished reading my first two chapters of this book called "Crazy Love." The second chapter is really calling us to not forget who God is and what He has done for us. It is calling us to make him the most important thing in our lives. It is calling us to not forget how intricately he has made our bodies and how everything works together to give us another day. I am just kind of stuck on this right now. I can't get out of my mind how much I forget God in my daily life. I chose to push him in the back corner and not worship him. I wish everyday were like today where I would wake with a heart praising God and for it to continue throughout the day. It doesn't just need to be a wish, it needs to become a part of my everyday being. I need to chose to let God be in control of my day and for him to work through me in the way that he wants. I need to not worry about the next day cause it hasn't happened yet. I just need to trust God for the here and now. Wow! If I were to live everyday worshiping Him, I wouldn't need to be worried about the time when Christ comes back for me, I would just be ready. No matter what , where, or when.
This is starting to recharge my soul to be more focused on God and all that he has done for me. I so often feel, like right now this is just going through my mind for today, by tomorrow I will forget what God did for me today. I pray that that changes.
As I close there is a song going through my mind and I would like to share that with you....
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depths of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty, enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depths of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty, enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You
Yes, I stand in awe of You
I stand in awe of You

1 comment:

Amber Stoneburner said...

Wow, hon! I love your day. So glad that you could have a day like that. I love the good days, and often find that I also wish for days like that to continue everyday. I haven't gotten to the second chapter yet, but the first one was amazing! Can't want to move on...Love you.